Sheet Steel or Strip Steel
Concerning these so very similar and yet so distinctly different products, the real
and fundamental difference is QUALITY. While both types are stocked by us and
are available in all tempers and quantities over 1 lb., the practical problem of choice
is. . . FIRST COST VS. FINAL COST. There are many instances where the cheaper
"sheet coil" will do and all costs are considered at a savings. On the contrary,there
are many instances where "genuine strip steel only" will do at a final cost less than
SELECT SHEET COIL
- sheet steel's broad tolerances will do.
- the fabricating operations are not too
complicated and do not require
intricate, expensive dies.
- high speed production is not required
- fairly heavy, oversize gauge variations
are not objectionable.
- If a fine surface finish is not essential.
- a good base for paint or enamel is
- if wide variations in physical characteristics
SELECT STRIP STEEL
- if strip steel's close tolerances
- you wish to avoid rapid die wear
due to heavy oversize gauge variations.
- If high speed production methods
- If you want maximum "square footage"
for greatest parts yield per ton.
- If you require a fine finish or a better
base for plating.
- If you must have a high degree of
uniformity of chemistry and physical
properties - plus precision tolerances.
- If you want selected tempers for
maximum strength and lightest weight.
Both products are available in coil and cut lengths and
in all tempers and quantities of one pound and over.
Click here to submit a Request for Quote
or call us today at 800-323-0740