430 Annealed Stainless Steel
Extra Bright Annealed Soft Temper 430 Stainless Strip Steel is the most popular of all the straight chrome stainless steels. Its principal use is for decorative purposes. Because of its excellent heat and corrosion resistant properties, its ductility and because it costs less than the chrome-nickel grades, this Type 430 Stainless Steel Strip is used in countless applications. These uses are primarily for stainless and decorative purposes including household appliances, metal molding, metal trim, cabinet hardware, hinges, drawn and formed parts and stampings.
Type 430 Ferritic Stainless Steel Strip Characterisings:
- Corrosion and heat resistant
- Ductility at about 75% of low carbon strip
- Similar to chromium grades with stretcher strains
- Roping can result from excessive stretching
- Able to weld for non-rigorous service
- Magnetic in all conditions
- Tensile strength (annealed condition) minimum of 65,000 PSI, yield of 30,000 PSI, elongation at 22%
- AISI 430
- ASTM A 240
- Analysis C .12 Max.
- MN 1.00 Max
- Si 1.00 Max
- P .040 Max.
- S .030 Max.
- S .030 Max.
Complete Facilities for Slitting - Shearing - Blanking and Edging.
Available in coils or cut lengths. Sizes other than those listed and in all thicknesses .001 and heavier are obtainable and may be ordered for you.
The minimum order for PSW coil products is $400.